We know first-hand that vacations to the Disney theme parks are a big deal for families. A trip to Disney will be one of the most special trips your family will take together. We want to help make your visit the best it can be, so during our recent two day visit to Magic Kingdom Orlando, we paid close attention to what gear people were using to make their days more comfortable and enjoyable. Some of it isn’t rocket science, but here is what you should bring to Disney World to have an excellent day!
Sun and Heat Management
A big part of making your visit a success is being prepared for Florida heat while visiting Disney. During our two days in Orlando, the sun was very powerful. The temperature was in the mid-90’s with no clouds and lots of humidity. Be sure to bring this gear along to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Sunscreen – This one is pretty obvious, but be sure you bring lots. If it’s humid, you will need to reapply often.
- Personal misting fan – Disney pushes their Disney branded misting fans pretty hard while you are in the park. The plastic fans they sell go for roughly $20USD. Why not get a good quality one without the Disney pictures on it that you can use it anywhere and not just in the theme parks?
- Hydration pack water bladder – These water bladders fit in most day bags – just look for a compartment along the inside-back of the bag with a little hole labelled H₂O at the top. It’s comforting to have a large water supply with you, so the whole family can re-hydrate during downtimes such as waiting in lines, etc.
- Umbrella – It may not rain much at Disney parks, but this compact travel umbrella will great for when you or your kids need some relief from the hot, hot sun.
- Sun hats – we use these awesome sun hats on our kids whenever we go somewhere hot. They are comfortable, stay on well and have wide brims and UPF 50+ for superior sun protection.
- Clip-on stroller fan – we saw lots of these on strollers in the park. What a great idea to keep your little ones cool all day long!
Planning to visit LEGOLAND Florida? Don’t miss these insider tips for LEGOLAND Florida!
Just for fun:
Custom Family Trip T-shirts: We were amazed at the sheer amount of families who had matching vacation T-shirts. Stuff like, “The Johnson’s Disney Vacation 2019” or similar garb.
Autograph Books: Odds are that your visit to the Disney parks will include a ton of character visits. An autograph book is a fun way for your kids to remember all the cool Disney characters they met while on their trip.
Check out this post if you are wondering about Universal Studios vs Disney World for young kids?
Princess Dresses: Our daughter wore her favorite princess dress to her breakfast with Cinderella, but we found it was too hot for her to wear it otherwise. That didn’t stop lots of other little girls from wearing their favorite dresses to the park.
Did we miss anything? Share your must-have gear with us below…
We only write about destinations we have personally visited with our family. This post contains compensated links.