Family vacations to the Disney theme parks are a big deal. A trip to Disney will be one of the most special trips your family will take together. We want to help make your visit the best it can be, so during our recent two day visit to Magic Kingdom Orlando, we paid close attention to what do people bring to Disney to make their days more comfortable and enjoyable.
Some of it isn’t rocket science, but here is the gear you need to bring to Walt Disney World to have an excellent day!
Sun and Heat Management
A big part of making your visit a success is being prepared for Florida heat while visiting Disney. During our two days in Orlando, the sun was very powerful. The temperature was in the mid-90’s with no clouds and lots of humidity. Be sure to bring this gear along to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Sunscreen – This one is pretty obvious, but be sure you bring lots. If it’s humid, you will need to reapply often.
- Personal misting fan – Disney pushes their misting fans pretty hard while you are in the park for around $20. If you can live without a picture of Mickey on it, you can get one half the price on Amazon that you can use anywhere and not just in the theme parks?
- Hydration pack – These water bladders fit in most day bags – just look for a compartment along the inside-back of the bag with a little hole labelled H₂O at the top. It’s comforting to have a large water supply with you, so the whole family can re-hydrate during downtimes such as waiting in lines, etc.
- Umbrella – It may not rain much at Disney parks, but this compact travel umbrella will great for when you or your kids need some relief from the hot, hot sun.
- Sun hats – we use these awesome Sunday Afternoon sun hats on our kids whenever we go somewhere hot. They are comfortable, stay on well and have wide brims and UPF 50+ for superior sun protection.
- Clip-on stroller fan – we saw tons of these clip-on fans on strollers in the park. What a great idea to keep your little ones cool all day long!
Planning to visit LEGOLAND Florida? Don’t miss these insider tips for LEGOLAND Florida!
Just for fun:
Custom Family Trip T-shirts: We were amazed at the sheer amount of families who had matching vacation T-shirts. Stuff like, “The Johnson’s Disney Vacation 2019” or similar garb. ShopDisney has hundreds of designs to choose from.
Autograph Books: Your visit to the Disney parks will likely include a ton of character visits. An autograph book is a fun way for your kids to remember all the cool Disney characters they met while on their trip.
Check out this post if you are wondering about Universal Studios vs Disney World for young kids?
Princess Dresses: Our daughter wore her favorite princess dress to her breakfast with Cinderella, but we found it was too hot for her to wear it otherwise. That didn’t stop lots of other little girls from wearing their favorite dresses to the park.
Did we miss anything? Share your must-have gear with us below…
Disclosure: This post contains compensated links.